Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer = School = Creating this blog

Hello All!

I'm starting this blog as part of my Information Technologies class required in library school. I often think about blogging but never can settle on a topic. But not that I have to, writing about my adventures in library school seems like a pretty good way to get started. While there are a ton of blogs out there, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of blogging going on about library school. So here I am, writing about school.

Just some for some background...I'm beginning my third semester at The University of Alabama's School of Library and Information Studies. I graduated from UA and decided to stay on for graduate school. I will graduate in December and finally get to leave Tuscaloosa after 5 1/2 years! (Although I am looking forward to that 6th football season in the student section.)

If you had asked me a few weeks ago I would have told you I was going to be an academic reference library and one day open my own small independent bookstore. Now, however, I seem to be leaning more and more towards staying in school and pursuing a Ph.D. in history and one day teach at the collegiate level. While I love library school and find being a librarian interesting, my passion lies with history and I think that is where I'm supposed to be.

However, I'm in library school now and taking summer classes. I'll do my best not to dwell on my possible career change, but instead focus on the fascinating subject of library school.

No comments:

Post a Comment