Tuesday, July 7, 2009

ALA Annual Conference

Friday morning I will be leaving for Chicago and the ALA Annual Conference. I wasn't really excited about going until today and I started looking at all the cool sessions I want to go to and the opportunity to network with other young librarians and library students. Even though I think librarianship may not be the career for me, I'm still looking forward to attending the conference, looking at the exhibits, and meeting with potential employers. I'm even attending a session on finding an academic library job! Conference offers so many wonderful things and I can't wait to have the opportunity to explore them all. I plan on blogging everyday about what I did and going to do, so look out for new exciting posts!

I'm also excited because my closest friend from high school lives in Chicago, and while we are both going to be busy, we are making plans to get together a few times. I went to see her in October and had a great time, but didn't get to experience everything Chicago has to offer. Hopefully, this time, I will get to see some more stuff, visit my friend, and maybe do a little shopping!

Is anyone out there going to be at conference? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment